Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Where your customers are these days

You may lose this customer.
I'm glad to know I'm trendy.

I read a lot these days on my phone -- while I'm supposedly watching TV, when I'm waiting somewhere for something to begin. I chose my phone, a Samsung Galaxy 3, because of its large screen. I'm not so happy with the blue-gray background of pages, although much of what I read is through apps like Flipboard and Feedly that provide a white background. If a page isn't mobile-ready, I'm gone.

I mention all this, because eMarketer has just come out with some research that says I am not alone.

Get this:
Adults will spend an average of 2 hours and 21 minutes per day on nonvoice mobile activities, including mobile internet usage on phones and tablets—longer than they will spend online on desktop and laptop computers, and nearly an hour more than they spent on mobile last year.
That's more than two hours on mobile a day!

As we watch Jeff Bezos throw the Washington Post in his cart and proceed to purchase, we don't have to wonder where readers are these days.

Any firm that wants to reach people today has to be on mobile. Hey, that's where I'll be!

No comments:

Post a Comment